4 Strings album in stores November 7

Discuss New releases & reviews

Moderator: Moderators

4 Strings album in stores November 7

Postby mtolno88 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:55 pm

Their new album 'Main Line' will be in stores November 7 under Ultra Records. I'm interested in hearing this because I wanna know if there's going to be any vocals or anything... The tracklist from amazon.com will be as follows...

1. Desire
2. Sunrise
3. Diamonds (Feat. Tina Cousins)
4. Mainline
5. Curious (Feat. Tina Cousins)
6. Hurricane
7. Take Me Away 2006
8. Colorblind
9. In Your Room
10. Breathing New Air
11. Treasure Box
12. Silmarillia
13. Madness!
14. Waiting
15. Reach Out
mtolno88

Postby jjsilverme » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:43 pm

wow i had no idea they had made a 3rd cd!!! they didnt say it on their website at all. that's on tuesday!!! it's missing a song "jewel" but i'm looking forward also to see if the cd has vocals as well. the songs with tina cousins probably and maybe take me away 2006, but thye others is a good question. and i wonder if its the vocal version of sunrise. but i wonder why they didnt include jewel. it was a single right? i havnt heard that song i dont think.
jjsilverme

Postby mtolno88 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:44 pm

Yeah... "Jewel" was a single and an alright one. Nothing too special in my opinion, but that's strange that it's not on the tracklist...?
mtolno88

Postby YOMISMO » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:05 pm

where i can listen previous? :?
YOMISMO

Postby jjsilverme » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:28 pm

i'm gonna go and buy it. i saw the cover of it already on ebay. its white and it has the old 4 strings logo running up the side in pink like it ran up the side on believe. and there's a picture of another girl standing there. shes kinda ugly, but i guess we'll have to see how her voice is if it is her voice on the new 4 strings tracks besides tina cousins. . . .
jjsilverme

Postby YOMISMO » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:26 pm

Image I got
YOMISMO

Postby jjsilverme » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:51 pm

ok guys so i got the cd and it's definitely not that bad. i don't know which vocalist is the girl on the cover but the cd does have more vocal songs then i thought it would. here's the breakdown

1. desire: everyone has heard the single already. it's a very good instrumental track. very catchy.
2. sunrise: they did end up using the vocal version so it's sad to hear the final song that 4 strings did with vanessa but anyways, we all know this song. very awesome track!
3. diamonds: ok, here's the deal. the song started and i realised that i had heard the song before. turns out that diamonds is the vocal version of jewel. it''s really good. the lyrics are good but the only thing is that the song is shorter then jewel was. maybe they couldn't find enough lyrics for the whole thing. but it's a great track. would be good if they re-released it as diamonds since they already did as the instrumental song jewel
4. mainline: the newest single. it's instrumental and very good song. the synths are great
5.curious: the other song done by tina cousins, it's a slower paced song. their are no ballads on the cd but the beat is somewhat housey.kind of like the beats used for ivd inspiration but better.
6. hurricane: another instrumental track. very trancey but they shortened it and cut it off at a weird time so you get the feeling that you didnt get the whole thing. good song though
7. take me away 2006: this is a very good and hard version of the classic hit. they used the vocals of vanessa again and it's a good way to pay tribute to our lost singer!
8. colorblind: this is a very dark sounding song. the synths are awesome, and the vocals and lyrics are well done. very good song. could be a single
9. in your room: another vocal track, it's alright. not great but it's pretty good. the dance sound isn't that bad at all.
10. breathing new air. one of the male vocal tracks, jan loechel isnt said to sing this song but the lyrics were done by a guy names sandor so maybe it's sandor singing. it's an alright song. nothing big like euphoric eyes or love is blind
11. treasure box: an instrumental song, very nice, and trancey.
12. silmarillia: i've never heard this song before so why it's a 4 strings remix is beyond me. maybe theirs something i dont know that someone else can fill me in on. but it's an instrumental song. very cool effects and very nice sound.
13. madness!: instrumental song, it's very good but nothing out of the ordinary. it's an alright song though
14. waiting: the second male vocal song done by jan loechel, it's ok. it does sound pretty good like euphoric eyes but again it's nothing really special
15. reach out: a vocal song, it's alright. nothing big but it's a good song.

overall i think the cd is good. there are a lot of instrumental tracks which is fine. it's a good even balance. there are no ballads or slow poppy sounding songs. nothing but dance. they try their hand in harder and not so hard dance but it's a good effort! this is nothing like beleive which is my favorite cd of theirs, but it's definitely sounds like a turn it around sequel. much harder though then turn it around, the only song that sounds like past 4 strings songs like beleive is sunrise. the other songs sound like either something new or like something fromk turn it around only better.
very good cd. worth the buy.
jjsilverme

Postby woussie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:53 pm

mtolno88 wrote:Yeah... "Jewel" was a single and an alright one. Nothing too special in my opinion, but that's strange that it's not on the tracklist...?

Track 3, Diamonds, is a vocal version of Jewel ...
woussie

Postby zaro » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:35 pm

jjsilverme wrote:12. silmarillia: i've never heard this song before so why it's a 4 strings remix is beyond me. maybe theirs something i dont know that someone else can fill me in on. but it's an instrumental song. very cool effects and very nice sound.

It's quite obvious actually , it's a makeover from Carlos-silmarillia.That sound was already familiar to me.

It's a great album , i can listen to it a whole day long.
zaro

Postby Trancability » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:07 pm

I'm gonna try this album. I got several 4 Strings tracks on my mp3 playlist, maybe I can add some! Let's check it out... :wink:
Trancability

Return to Reviews / New Releases