milk inc. - forever (single/album/concert)

Discuss electronic music in here

Moderator: Moderators

milk inc. - forever (single/album/concert)

Postby zaro » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:29 pm

Shout it out what you think about it.
I wanna hear your opinions first :P.

single :
1. Forever (Radio Edit)
2. Forever (Extended)
3. Forever (Michael Beltran Remix)

Available on itunes (BE).
zaro

Postby woussie » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:56 pm

my opinion ;) ? I wrote my review yesterday, for another site... well, i guess i can post it here as well :)

Milk Inc. is hot, Milk Inc. is sexy! Is that what the cover of "Forever" is trying to say? Notice the hint of Linda's underwear showing trough her shirt, while even Regi's shirt is a little open to show a hint of his torso, to attract the female (and that "gay dance music") audience maybe? Oh well...

Forever (Radio & Extended)
You don't have to worry about complete style changes or totally unexpected sounds, Milk Inc. is hotter than never in Belgium, and Regi, Filip and Linda deliver a very typical Milk Inc. song here, just what you would expect.
100% Milk Inc. right from the beginning; the first verse starts slowly and builds up to the chorus, i think we all know the concept... It's a little more uplifting and trancy (i have the feeling i have to watch my words here, because of the "true trance" fans here on the forum ;)) than most of their singles, it's actually a Milk Inc track i would expect on an album, not as a single. "Forever" has a little more dreamy, balearic uplifting feeling - especially in the buildup to the latest chorus, where they added some crowd vocals taken from their very own Supersized concert. Good job! 10/10 for me.

Forever (Michael Beltran Remix)
Michael Beltran is a newcomer in the Belgian dance scene, and his first single "Getaway", an enjoyable but maybe not very original commercial house track got released on the ARS label (which is also the Milk Inc. music label), so yeah, this is basicly "just" a label artist remix. Commercial house artist -> commercial house mix, well i acutally think it's trying to have a little more Tocadisco-like club sound, but that doesn't really work, it's too weak for a club track. And as a commercial track... well, i don't really like the switchover between Linda's vocals and the house beat. Don't know what to think about this remix yet, but it's definately not the reason why i bought/you will buy this release. My guess... 6/10?

Overall rating: 9/10
woussie

Postby trance mouse » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:24 pm

I would prefer a Daniel Bovy remix :(
trance mouse

Postby Typher » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:49 am

Finally Milk Inc. put the rest 2 shame I am glad they are sticking to there sound love the new single very mint.
Typher

Postby dave » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:26 pm

I have to agree with Typher...you know sometimes I wonder if Regi sees all these "djs" changing over to electro and house and probably feels pressure and thinks to himself "Well f**k you!" I am not doing it...I know what I like to listen to and it's Regi's crafted tunes....this music has such energy and with Linda's ever improving and always dazzling vocals it's brilliant. Love Milk Inc.!!!!
dave

Postby zaro » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:23 pm

I didn't wanted to reply from the start because people tended to be influenced by the first opinion. And also i was hoping to get an opinion that was close to mine about this single .... i guess not then (or maybe still somebody who hasn't replied).

Opinions good or bad i will always give it anyway :P (it's not because it's milk inc. i have to like everything of them).
And guess what, this time it's bad ... why ?

This songs is just too "simple". There's no climax, the synth is just used almost in whole the song and just continues in the chorus (no good build-up). And the synth itself is just stupid, not catchy at all. It just misses something a second synth maybe.

Normally i only have to listen to a milk inc. song once to love it. This time i had to play it again and again...i wanna like it but i just can't. I think i even like 'tainted love' more and i thought that was the worst single.
zaro

Postby trance mouse » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:18 pm

I agree
the song is on the weak side (like sleepwaker or tonight)
trance mouse

Postby abominus » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:43 am

Well, I guess that it's my turn to give my opinion of the song....

I listened to all of the mixes and well, it's a good song but personally, 'Never Again' is one my top favorites. 'Forever' is not a terrible track but it does not stand out THAT much, you know?

Regi is on a planet all his own. He does not follow any trends and that is what I love about the guy.

Linda? Well, for one, just look at the girl. My little tanned Tunisian fantasy.......

Oh, my bad :roll: Anyways, her voice is fabulous. It matches well with Regi and Filip's productions.

Maybe they can teach our good friends Cascada a thing or two.

My rating for 'Forever': 8/10

That shall be all.

From Tampa, Florida,

Abominus[/i]
abominus

Postby xprotocol » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:01 am

Sounds pretty good to me so far, I'm sure I'll like it more as I listen to it over the next few weeks. Didn't care for the Michael Beltran remix at all, just weird.

Interview with Regi and Linda with a preview of the music video for Forever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaCB0eyOQFk
xprotocol

Postby dave » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:40 pm

I actually really enjoy the Michael Beltran mix....I like the slowing down of linda's voice cause it gives an added meaning to the chorus....

I like this song...but it won't be in my top 5 milk inc tunes...it's a solid effort but it's not their best. It's about the same as Tonight!
dave

Postby gleiver_dancepoprock » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:44 pm

here is the Milk Inc's New Video: Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1AuJwJ6mc
gleiver_dancepoprock

Postby bubu83 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:33 pm

bubu83

Postby gleiver_dancepoprock » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:29 pm

http://www.dailymotion.com/speedwave57/video/9792550

an AWESOME ballad: Perfect Lie, is a preview too =D
gleiver_dancepoprock

Postby jjsilverme » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:35 am

wooooooow. . . i really like LIVE HER LIFE. its so different from what milk inc does and maybe thats why i like it. theres sum new elements that regi is trying and linda's voice is very beautiful. the song has a great feel to it.
on to PERFECT LIE. . . . beautiful ballad. NOVEMBER was a great ballad, it had a great r&b feel to it and MAYBE was alright too. THINGS CHANGE ws my favorite ballad they had ever done but this song has a beautiful lush sound to it. linda's voice sounds so good. her voice has improved a lot and it's crazy to hear the evolution of how milk inc has come from the days of LA VACHE. . . .they have an amazing sound, so different and yet so easiily accessible to everyone. there's something in their songs for everyone to enjoy. i'm really looking forward to this cd, i know it's gonna be a hit. . . .
jjsilverme

Postby dj_vernon » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:40 am

I have taken Milk Inc - Forever (Michael Beltran Remix) and edited it just for my iPod. Because I would like to share music which is not available commercially. I share this edit with RESPECT to Regi, Filip, Linda and offcourse the original remixer Michael Beltran (www.michaelbeltran.be).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzQkg1Qp_Ak

I hope you fans enjoy this edit too
dj_vernon

Next

Return to Electronic Music