milk inc. - forever (single/album/concert)

Discuss electronic music in here

Moderator: Moderators

Postby dave » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:09 pm

LIVE HER LIFE was supposed to be a duet with September...*sigh* What a missed opportunity for both parties as it really is such a wonderful track. Still it's a awesome Milk Inc song and I like Linda's vocals very much...plus the extra bleeps are awesome...

I am not a huge fan of ballads...but this one PERFECT LIE is nice to close the album...but I still maintain the best album closer I heard was THE END by Sylver.
dave

Postby jjsilverme » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:43 am

guilty sounds good too. the album is gonna be great. how do u know that LIVE HER LIFE was supposed to be a duet with september? thats def cross marketing, she sswedish and the r belgian. . . wouldve been good though petra has a very unique voice and it wouldve drowned out linda if this rumor is true. . . good song
jjsilverme

Postby dj_vernon » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:13 am

jjsilverme wrote:how do u know that LIVE HER LIFE was supposed to be a duet with september? thats def cross marketing, she sswedish and the r belgian. . . wouldve been good though petra has a very unique voice and it wouldve drowned out linda if this rumor is true. . . good song

Well Filip wrote it on the Milk Inc forum, let me quote his complete post about some tracks:

QUOTE FILIP FROM MILK INC FORUM:

Vandueren wrote:Hey guys,

I'm glad there are such positive reactions on "Live her Life". it's not really a typical Milk Song, and as noted: it has a lot of happy eurodance influences. It's also a lot slower than most of our songs.
That's because we actually wrote the track for a duet September, but she decided not to sing it. We put it on the album anyway.

The whole telephone-call/Vengaboys Drums/Robot Voice was actually an afterthought.
The song was entirely finished, and then I had this idea because the lyrics were kind of about not picking up the phone anymore...

I made a quick re-edit of the song with those elements in it after midnight, while Regi was a sleep (he was going to mix the track by himself the next day) and left that project open more as a joke... The next day I called, and he kept them in !

On a sidenote: those bleepy drums are samples from a legendary synth: the Casio VL-Tone.
It was a mini keyboard that was also.. a pocket calculator !
It was my first synth ever when I was like 8 years old, so it was nostalgia for me, and a tribute to my Dad whp bought me my first keyboards !

You'll hear those drums them also in D-Lite (groove is in the heart) and Robby Williams' Rude Box and also the Vengaboys used them. But they're al ove rthe place once you try to notice them.

i'll say it again: We're really proud of Linda's "Perfect Lie", beatiful ideas from her, and a beatiful arrangement by Peter Schreurs (our Live keyboard-player)

Stay tuned for "Summer Rain" It's one of my favourites on the album: again some 90's influences, and it could as well have been called a Pedro Salazar mix: very Balearic, very Dreamy, but still Milk.

Hope to see you guys at Noxx or Grenslandhallen, now I'm gonna sleep ;-)
dj_vernon

Postby dave » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:14 pm

The album is available on itunes Belgium...I wish I could buy it on there...stupid Itunes not allowing...:-(

30 second previews not enough and I am stuck waiting for the slow post from proxis...

It'll be 2 weeks or more before I get this album....
dave

Postby xprotocol » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:42 pm

Are new releases any cheaper over there in stores as opposed to online like Proxis? I'm used to seeing new releases in the States on sale for $10 (6.40 Euro). Even before shipping though Proxis wants $25.77 (16.49 E), which after shipping comes to $33.98 (21.74 E). Usually I get lucky and someone sells a few on Ebay but not sure how long I want to wait for this :P
xprotocol

Postby abominus » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:48 pm

xprotocol wrote:Are new releases any cheaper over there in stores as opposed to online like Proxis? I'm used to seeing new releases in the States on sale for $10 (6.40 Euro). Even before shipping though Proxis wants $25.77 (16.49 E), which after shipping comes to $33.98 (21.74 E). Usually I get lucky and someone sells a few on Ebay but not sure how long I want to wait for this :P

The only way to get any of the new releases for cheap is if you can get a friend in Europe to buy you the album and you pay him/her.

I just looked at proxis.be and they want $34 for the 'Forever' album. That's with shipping and everything.

Usually, I would not buy an album that is $30 unless it came with a DVD but we are talking about Milk Inc. and the fact that we can cannot get the album here in the States.

That's the price we have to pay for great music :(
abominus

Postby dave » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:10 pm

There are a couple copies on Ebay but with the exchange rate they want even more than proxis...:-(
dave

Postby xprotocol » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:25 pm

I've only seen the single on eBay so far.
xprotocol

Postby jjsilverme » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:15 am

well everyone, if ur looking to actually hear what phillip is talkin bout, here ya go. . . this should quench our curiosity till the cd comes out. . .

http://www. arsentertainment. be/mailing/080620_milk_inc-forever/milk_inc-forever. html
jjsilverme

Postby energyps2 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:06 pm

The album can be downloaded from different sources. 3 days earlier. I am hearing it as we speak.
energyps2

Postby trance mouse » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:46 pm

just google it :wink:

I order only singles because no import tax on them
for a 10 usd album I pay 50 usd import taxes, so no thanks :cry:
trance mouse

Postby YOMISMO » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:54 am

very nice :D
YOMISMO

Postby YOMISMO » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:31 am

some lyrics
Milk Inc. - Forever
Released: 2008

Seems like yesterday was a game we played
Or a scene from a movie
Can we freeze a frame, can we pause the game
Can't you always be with me

Am I running out of time
Am I really losing my mind
Am I running out of time with you

Can it just be now forever
You and me together
Now forever
Then you'd say (echo)

I'd wish the days to come were already gone
Already far behind us
Every kiss goodbye, every sacrifice
Every time you walk away

Am I running out of time (out of time)
Am I really losing my mind (losing my mind)
Am I running out of time with you (out of time)

Can it just be now forever (now forever)
You and me together (me together)
Now forever (now forever)
Then you'd say (say)
(repeat)

Am I running out of time
Am I really losing my mind
Am I running out of time with you

Can it just be now forever (now forever)
You and me together (me together)
Now forever (now forever)
Then you'd say (say)
(repeat)

Milk Inc. - With You

I could be standing in a snowstorm (echo)
But I wouldn't feel a thing (echo)
'Cause you are there to keep me so warm (echo)
To turn winter into spring (echo)

Hours feels like seconds
Time disappears
But day is just a heartbeat
You're music to my ears

'Cause when I'm with you
I don't need nobody baby
When I'm with you
I don't need anything

There's only, there's only (there's only, there's only)
There's only you and me (there's only you and me)
The only, the only (the only, the only)
The only thing I need (the only thing I need)

I could be walking through a fire (echo)
But I wouldn't feel a thing (echo)
'Cause you are there to lift me higher (echo)
You give me a song to sing (echo)

Hours feels like seconds
Time disappears
But day is just a heartbeat
You're music to my ears

When I'm with you
I don't need nobody baby
When I'm with you (when I'm with you)
I don't need anything

Milk Inc. - Guilty

You apologize
Is it your disguise?
No, don't want to hear your alibis

A walking cliche
The games that you play
I can see you coming from a mile away

Guilty, don't deny you're guilty
No reason to lie (echo)
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time
You're guilty and you know why (echo)

Guilty, don't deny you're guilty (guilty... you're guilty)
No reason to lie (echo)
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time (don't do the crime if you can't do the time)
You're guilty and you know why (you're guilty) (echo)
(repeat)

You commit you're crime
Should have seen the sign
No, don't want to hear the same old lies (echo)

Find my strength within
Forget what could have been
I don't want to see your face again

Guilty, don't deny you're guilty (guilty... you're guilty)
No reason to lie (echo)
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time (don't do the crime if you can't do the time)
You're guilty and you know why (you're guilty) (echo)
(repeat x3)

Milk Inc. - Invisible

Like a ghost from the past
Unheard, unseen, unknown
I was holding on to a life I knew could never last

Last a broken window
Undone, unsafe, uncertain
I could walk away
Leave behind me what I couldn't take (echo)
(repeat)

Here's a knife if I want to believe
You could see me like before
You could see I want it more

Am I invisible? (echo) (repeat)
Is it so difficult for you to care at all? (echo)
(repeat x4)

Milk Inc. - Summer Rain

I know you're looking at me
Oh I can feel your stare
Why don't you come over here
If only I would dare

Don't know what to say
'Cause words can't describe
But listen to the music
Something's in the air tonight

One single word
Be too much
Let the rhythm do the talking
Wanna feel your touch

One drop of rain
Is not enough
'Cause I can fill an ocean with my love

I hear you calling my name, calling my name
Dancing in the rain
I hear you calling my name, dancing in the rain
Dancing in the summer rain (repeat x3)

Dancing in the rain

The party's drifting away
There's only me and you
And though I don't know your name
I know I'm into you

Feel like I'm somebody else
You make me feel so shy
But listen to the music
Something's in the air tonight

One single word
Be too much
Wanna feel your touch

One drop of rain
Is not enough

Dancing in the rain

Dancing in the rain

One single word
Be too much
Wanna feel your touch

One drop of rain
Is not enough

Dancing in the rain

Dancing in the rain
YOMISMO

Postby dave » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:27 pm

Alright I couldn't wait any longer so I got the album in digital format until my cd from proxis arrives...so here it is folks Dave's official Milk Inc - Forever album review.

Forever - A strong first track and a solid single...I did have concerns about the crowd but they are not as intrusive as I thought they might be. Some nice synth sounds and this song is very fast. 8/10.

Tonight - I love the way Tonight starts...it's got this little bit of emotion in the way Linda sings "I...never knew..I could miss you so" That just is wonderful and for the most part it's a decent track. However, the music after the chorus (when it gets going) isn't one of my favorite Milky sounds, you know that one little consistent and very noticeable bleep..but I still think it's a good track. 7/10.

Race - Like a race car cruising down the track (or Dave driving down the California highway) this song gives us a gem!!! I love how the intro builds and the chorus is awesome. Like some on here I think this has single potential. There are a lot of sounds on this track. Very layered and basically it's brilliant!!! 10/10

Waste of Time - When I first heard this song start I was worried...however it recovers very nicely by a strong vocal chorus (thanks Linda). It's not bad musically but I just didn't find it interesting. Definite album track that might not get as many plays as other songs by me, but still some Milky goodness in here. 6/10

Summer Rain - HOLY! When I first heard the title I thought it might be a cover of Belinda Carlisle's song but it's not. In fact it's just as interesting and should be a single and I think has huge hit potential. It's a great summer song and it is so well performed that how could you not enjoy it. Sounds sort of Latin based...There are these little bleeps and sounds during the chorus that drives me crazy happy! 10/10

Sunrise - Sunrise is sunrise...by now this is a Milk Inc classic. Its got some traditional Milky sounds and Linda's vocals are solid. Definite hit! 9/10

Maniac - Ok don't hate me or anything but...I don't like it. I am not opposed to Milk Inc covering songs...especially 80s because I LOVE Tainted Love (which might be surprising cause I'm not sure if that is a fan favorite!) but this song. No...no thank you! I just don't see anything new here...it's a cover and I almost feel like it is too by the book. *whispers* I didn't like the original either! Ummm....yeah....Maniac...ummm...2/10 *runs*

With You - I have heard people call this a traditional Lasgo sounding song. I hear that too but I also hear Lasgo album track not Lasgo single. I like it but I think it's a definite album track. It's good it's just not overly interesting to me. There's nothing wrong with the production it just doesn't have a spark to me. 6/10

Guilty - Ok now don't laugh cause I am only an amateur but I plan on trying to create a remix because I love this song....LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! It should be a Milk Inc classic but I am worried it won't get a single release because it sounds too traditional Milk Inc and not "fresh". I put fresh in there in quotes because I can hear record exs saying that and I total disagree with them. There's Linda's strong almost angry singing that I love. I can see her performing this and it being brilliant and the sound that builds toward the chorus is so magical. I LOVE IT. I can't stop listening to it! It is wonderful! It is Brilliant. Did I mention I love it!!! 100/10...I mean 10/10

Live Her Life - Call it retro if you want but don't you even dare compare it to the vengaboys because they use a little bit of retro sound or sample robotic voice cause this is a fun song that is sung extremely well with passion by Linda. This is an awesome Milk Inc song that I love as well. 10/10

Ouch Damn - I can hear the Breakin sound in this but this is so much better than Breakin and yes it might sound like the Pussycat dolls sound but it's better too. It's a fun vocal song that I enjoy and could perhaps be a hit in the States where this sound is more popular than traditional Milk Inc sounds. 8/10

Invisible - Another vocal trance type song that is close to the end like Morning Light but with more vocals. A great song. Not perfect, I still think Morning Light is better but I enjoy this one too. A solid song that has an almost mystical sound. Enjoyable. 9/10

Perfect Lie - Sadly I am not a huge ballad fan but I understand their place from time to time (I think 1 per album is enough for me personally). Still its a nicely performed song and is well sung by Linda so I can't dislike it cause I don't like ballads. I probably am not the best at reviewing them because they don't convey the emotion too well to me. 7/10???

Album score 9/10

Sorry for the long review if you read it...then thank you, if you skipped it I totally understand I just like writing my thoughts down. Thank you Regi, Linda and Filip for a wonderful album. Highly enjoyable and is going to get played a very very long time by me....Watch that Milk Inc count skyrocket on Last.fm!!!!

Dave
dave

Postby Loydos » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:20 pm

YOMISMO wrote:Milk Inc. - Invisible

Like a ghost from the past
Unheard, unseen, unknown
I was holding on to a life I knew could never last

Last a broken window
Undone, unsafe, uncertain
I could walk away
Leave behind me what I couldn't take (echo)
(repeat)

You could see me like before
You could see I want it more

Am I invisible? (echo) (repeat)
Is it so difficult for you to care at all? (echo)
(repeat x4)

I think it's "Is it naive if I want to believe (...)", isn't it?
Loydos

PreviousNext

Return to Electronic Music